In the following we would like to provide information regarding the processing of personal data by Agilentia AG. Please read our Privacy Statement carefully. Should you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement, you may address these to our data protection officer under the email address provided in section 1.
1. The name and contact details of the controller responsible for the processing and the company data protection officer
This Privacy Statement shall apply to the processing of personal data by:
Controller: Agilentia AG (hereinafter “Agilentia”)
Telephone: +41 44 515 89 50
The company data protection officer of Agilentia can be contacted at the aforementioned address, c/o Data Protection Department, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of the use of such data
a) When visiting the website
When calling up our website https://www.sherpany.com/ the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to our website server. This information is stored temporarily in a logfile. The following information is collected by us without any action on your part, and automatically deleted after 14 days.
- IP address of the requesting terminal device,
- Date and time of the access,
- Name and URL of the requested file,
- Website from which the access originated (known as “referrer URL”)
- Device type and operating system of your terminal device,
- Name of your access provider,
- Browser type and version used as well as other information transmitted by the browser (such as the geographical origin, language setting, add-ons used, screen resolution etc.).
We process the aforementioned data for the following purposes:
- To establish a trouble-free connection of the website,
- To ensure the best-possible use of our website,
- To analyse system security and stability as well as
- For other administrative purposes.
The legal basis of the data processing is article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest follows from the aforementioned data processing purposes. On no account will we use the data collected in this way for the purpose of drawing conclusions as to your person.
b) When signing up for our newsletter
If you have expressly consented in accordance with article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, we will use your email address and your name in order to regularly send you the requested newsletters or to have them sent to you. In order to receive the newsletters, the provision of an email address and your name suffices.
You may unsubscribe at any time, e.g. via a link at the end of every newsletter. Alternatively you may send your unsubscribe request by email to email@example.com at any time.
c) When using our contact form
Should you have any questions you can get in touch with us via a form provided on our website. This requires the provision of a valid email address, first name and surname, telephone number, company name and country in order for us to know who has sent the request and to be able to answer it. The provision of any other details is voluntary.
Data processing for purposes of getting in touch with us is based on your voluntary consent in accordance with article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
d) Other purposes
We reserve the right to process your personal data for other purposes. We will, however, notify you via the appropriate means and, where required, will obtain your consent.
3. Passing on of data
a) Passing on to data processors
We pass on personal data to service providers within and outside of Switzerland, who process this data in their capacity as data processors on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions.
This may comprise service providers in the following areas:
- Administrative services
- Advisory services
- IT services
- Promotional services
The data processors may be located in countries which do not possess the same levels of data protection as apply in the country in which you are located. By selecting the data processors and by applying suitable measures we do, however, make sure that data protection is ensured for the whole time during which your personal data is being processed, including any processing by the data processors.
The passing on of data to data processors is based on article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f and article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR.
b) For other purposes
Other than that we pass on your personal data within Agilentia AG and/or to third parties only if:
- You have given your express consent in accordance with article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- This is legally permitted and necessary for the performance of a contract with you in accordance with article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR
- There is legal obligation for the passing on of data in accordance with article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. c GDPR as well as if
- The passing on is necessary in accordance with article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding legitimate interest in your data not being passed on.
The cookie stores certain information that results in connection with the specific terminal device deployed. This does not, however, mean that we will immediately become aware of your identity.
On the one hand, cookies enable us to make the use of our offers more comfortable for you. To that end, we employ what is known as “session cookies” which allow us to see that you have already visited some pages on our website. They are automatically deleted when you leave our site.
Furthermore, we aim to optimise usability by employing temporary cookies which are stored on your terminal device for a certain defined period of time. If you visit our site again in order to use our services, your previous visit is automatically detected together with the entries and settings you made in order to save you having to re-enter this information.
If the aforementioned cookies constitute personal data, they are employed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our interests in relation to the purposes mentioned, in particular as regards the optimisation of our website, are therefore considered to be legitimate in terms of the aforementioned provision.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You may configure your browser to prevent any cookies being stored on your computer or to ensure that a notice appears every time a new cookie is placed. A full deactivation of cookies may, however, mean that you are not able to use all of our website’s functions.
5. Tracking tools
The tracking tools listed below and employed by us are used on the basis of article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. We use these tracking tools in order to design our website in line with demand and to continually optimise it. On the other hand, we use tracking tools in order to record the use of our website for statistical purposes and in order to optimise our offers for you. These interests are considered to be legitimate in terms of the aforementioned provision.
In order to enable us to design our webpages in line with demand and to continually optimize them we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymized user profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie with regard to your use of this website, such as
- Browser type/version,
- Size of the browser window,
- Browser language,
- Installation of Java,
- Installed version of Flash,
- Resolution used,
- Operating system used,
- Name and URL of the requested file,
- Page title,
- Referrer URL (i.e. the previously-visited page),
- Anonymized IP address of the accessing terminal device,
- Approximate location of the access and
- Time of the server request.
are transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. This information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports about the website activities, and to provide additional services related to the use of the website and the internet for purposes of market research and to design these webpages in line with demand. Where appropriate, this information may be transferred to third parties if this is prescribed by law or if third parties are processing this data on behalf of the data controller. Your IP address will never be combined with other data held by Google. IP addresses are anonymised to ensure that such combination is not possible (IP masking). Google complies with the data protection provisions of the US-EU and US Privacy Shield Frameworks and is registered with the corresponding Privacy Shield programs of the US Department of Commerce.
You can prevent cookies being installed by adjusting your browser software accordingly; however, we make you aware that you may then not be able to make use of the full scope of functions available on this website.
In addition, you can prevent the data generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) being collected as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, in particular in relation to browsers on mobile terminal devices, you may also prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will be placed which prevents any future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie only applies in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again.
For more information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics, you can refer to the help function in Google Analytics.
6. Your rights
You shall have the right:
- Pursuant to article 7(3) GDPR, to revoke the consent given to us at any time. This means that in future we are no longer permitted to carry out the data processing which was based on this consent;
- Pursuant to article 15 GDPR, to request information regarding the personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information regarding the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipient to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data if it was not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and any meaningful information regarding the details of such automated decision-making;
- To request the immediate rectification of inaccurate personal data stored by us and the completion of incomplete personal data;
- To have your personal data stored by us erased, unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- To restrict the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and we no longer need the data but you need it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you have objected to processing;
- Pursuant to article 20 GDPR to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to have it transferred to another controller and
- Pursuant to article 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory authority. This is usually the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or our registered office.
7. Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object in accordance with article 21 GDPR against the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or if you object to processing for direct marketing purposes. In the latter case you have a general right to object, which we will action without you having to cite a particular situation.
You can exercise your right to object simply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data security
On our website we use the common TSL procedure (Transport Layer Security) in conjunction with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. This is usually a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support a 256 bit encryption, we instead revert to 128 bit v3 technology. You can see whether individual pages of our website are transmitted in encrypted form by checking the closed key or padlock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
Apart from that we use suitable technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data against random or intentional manipulations, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised third-party access. Our security measures are being continually improved in accordance with technological developments and are ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified.
9. Pro memoria: Terms and conditions for data protection and privacy when using the Boardroom Service
If you, as an authorized user of one of our Boardroom services customers, access and use the Boardroom Service through one of the various interfaces (browser, iOS App and Windows App), we process your personal data in connection with your access and use of the Boardroom services, as a processor (and not as a data controller) for the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligations under the Service Agreement between us and the corresponding Boardroom services customer. The latter is responsible for the processing of your personal data in this context. If you have any questions, requests for information, etc. regarding the processing of your personal data in connection with your access to and use of the Boardroom Services, you should therefore directly contact the Boardroom Service customer for whom you access and use this Boardroom Service.
10. Validity and amendments of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is currently valid and has last been updated in May 2018.
It may become necessary to amend this Privacy Statement due to developments to our website and offerings or due to changes in statutory or official requirements. You can always access and print the current Privacy Statement as amended from time to time at https://www.sherpany.com/privacy-policy.